ive been fucked over by this and i was basically forcefully outed to my family because they kept staring at my screen and because i want yall safe and i dont want any of you to experience this consider these two easy safety measures if you have family/friends nearby with the potential to just downright stare at your screen:
- ponify your url - doesnt have to be the actual ponify extension, just download a random word replacer from the google store and replace your url to something like ((ME)) or <MYURL>
- use the omnibox - the omnibox is a default-turned-off feature in chrome that cuts down the url in your taskbar just to its root, so if youre afraid someone would read up on your url from staring at the taskbar since ponify wouldnt help that consider turning on the omnibox
go to chrome://flags and search for omnibox and then choose whatever settings fit you. its a little hard to get used to at first but i managed to get used to it under a month
thats it! even if you dont have any privacy issues please consider boosting this so a potential person out there could be saved from the shit i went through
I am a black woman. I am also a writer. Because I don’t see enough of myself in the stuff I read, I’ve been trying to come up with ways to describe black people that don’t refer to food, and that encompass the variety of our skin tones and hair textures.
I had an epiphany today. What words would I use to describe us if I weren’t comparing us to white people? What words would I use to compare us to each other?
This is a call for binding resources, especially any resources that are specifically useful for
- fat and large-chested folks who bind
- people with back problems who bind
- people who may be binding long-term
This was prompted by a message I got, but I would also just love to have these resources compiled (for myself and others).
Reblog and add your resources!
I have none. But I’ll keep an eye on this because I am and will continue to be binding long-term and it’s actually causing me a significant amount of back and chest pain these days. Any of you guys got anything?
If any of you are considering changing your name then please check out my ‘How to change your name for free’ Youtube video here.
If anyone chooses to do a free change of name and needs parchment paper and/or legal seals then I am happy to send you some free of charge.
Please leave a message in my Ask box if you are interested.
(Please reblog this if you feel its worthwhile… Thanks)
Here is a news roundup for Bahrain, Libya, and other countries for Monday, February 21. Also check out NewsFlick’s Middle East Situation Update: 21st Feb
- Live Blog - Bahrain | AJE
- Live Blog - Libya | AJE
- Live Blog - Libya | LibyaFeb17.com
- Middle East protests | Guardian
- Live blog - Libya | Telegraph
- EAWorldview Live Blog
- Live blog: Libya | CNN
- Blogs of War: Algeria, Bahrain, Libya, Yemen (realtime results from Twitter + AJE live stream)
- Mapping Pro-Democracy Protests in Libya | Google Maps
Gaddafi’s statement released on Libyan State TV [source]:
- “I am satisfied, because I was speaking in front of the youth in the Green Square tonight, but the rain came, praise to God, it bears well. I want to clarify for them that I am in Tripoli, not in Venezuela. Do not believe these channels. They are dogs. Goodbye.”
- What’s happening in Libya explained (updating regularly) | Mother Jones
- Adverts in Guinea and Nigeria for mercenaries, paying $2000/day, reports AlJazeera Arabic
- Two senior colonels defect after orders to bomb protesters in Tripoli, head to Malta | LA Times
- Warplanes and Troops Besiege Protesters in Libya’s Capital | NY Times
- Libya Protesters Set Fire to Government Buildings in Tripoli | Guardian
- Oil companies evacuate staff from Libya [source #2]
- UK revokes arms export licences to Libya | Guardian
- Wikileaks cables: a guide to Gaddafi’s ‘famously fractious’ family | Guardian
- Read the Libya Wikileaks documents in full | Telegraph
- Egyptian army announces border with Libya is open, sets up camp, hospitals at border to tend to the wounded (h/t soup)
- Al Qaradawi, a Muslim Brotherhood opposition leader, issues a Fatiwa to kill Gaddafi
- How Qaddafi Lost Libya | New Yorker
- Libya’s Agony | ABC News
- Intervening in the Libyan Tragedy | Foreign Policy
- Among Libya’s Lobbyists | POLITICO
- Libyan Wild Card: The Qaddafi-Berlusconi Pact | Mother Jones
- Bahrain, Libya Debt Ratings Cut on Protests; Mideast Stocks Fall | Bloomberg
- Europe takes 74% of Libya’s oil (h/t dancingonembers)
- VIDEO: Libyan soldiers reportedly burned alive | CNN
- VIDEO: Libya Uprising | AJE
What Officials Say - Libya:
- The State Department releases a statement on the situation in Libya
- US is considering ‘all appropriate actions’ | Telegraph
- US State Dept urges non-essential staff evacuated from American embassy in Libya
- EU denounces Libya’s brutal suppression of protests | Guardian
- UN Sec. General Ban Ki Moon says he’s ‘outraged’ over attacks in Libya | PTI
- Ban Ki Moon spoke directly with Gaddafi, tells him ‘escalating violence must stop now.’ | LA Times
- UK Prime Minister David Cameron condemned the “vicious” response to the protests in Libya | Guardian
- Italian PM Berlusconi on Monday condemned violence by Libyan forces against civilians as “unacceptable” and said he was “alarmed” over the situation in the North African state. | Reuters
- Libyan Ambassador to UN Ibrahim Dabbashi refers to Libyan violence as ‘genocide’ | Global Arab Network
- Libya’s UN diplomats break with Qaddafi | NY Times
- Libyan ambassadors who have resigned: Arab League, India, China, Poland, Indonesia.
- Exiled opposition leader to return Tuesday | LA Times
- Gulf allies back Bahrain rulers with likely caveat: No big concessions | Canadian Press
- State Department cables detail US links to Bahrain | Washington Post
- Bahrain opposition prepares an agenda | UPI
- Dim View of U.S. Posture Toward Bahraini Shiites Is Described | NY Times
- S&P cuts Bahrain’s credit ratings amid unrest | Businessweek
- How a broken social contract sparked Bahrain protests | CS Monitor
- In Pearl Roundabout | New Yorker News Desk
- Bahrain cancels Grand Prix among unrest | NY Times
China, Yemen, Zimbabwe:
- Call for Protests Unnerves Beijing | WSJ
- China police show up en masse at hint of protest | LA Times
- Chinese lawyer beaten ahead of jasmine revolution protests | Guardian
- Yemen: Yemeni hackers break into Public Electricity Corporation | @Alaalsam
- Next move in Yemen? | New Yorker
- More violence in Yemen | Amnesty International (h/t caraobrien)
- Why Yemen’s youths are not bowing to government pressure, violence | CS Monitor
- Yemeni leader rejects demands | NY Times
- Yemeni MP says Saleh not learned Egyptian lesson | Reuters AlertNet
- Video: Yemeni students protest in renamed ‘Tahrir square’ | euronews
- Dozens arrested in Zimbabwe while watching reports of protests on Al-Jazeera and BBC, on suspicion of planning to oust Mugabe | NY Times
Other good reads:
- The revolution may be televised - but don’t expect the full story | Telegraph
- Lords of the Realm | Foreign Policy
- Mideast uprisings aren’t all cut from the same cloth | Washington Post
- Muslim Brotherhood faces prospect of democracy amid discord | Washington Post
- Why the US should engage the Muslim Brotherhood | The Atlantic
- Egypt Seeks Mubarak Assets Freeze | Washington Post
- Where could Colonel Muammar Gaddafi go if he were exiled? | Guardian
- Circle of Fire: Letter from Libya | Andrew Solomon, New Yorker (circa 2006)
this is obviously a work in progress, but if you’d like me to add anything let me know by emailing me at ira.d.gray at gmail dot com. this list is divided into categories. each sub-division is in alphabetical order. if you know the name or maybe a keyword of what your looking for and want to get to it quickly, try pressing ctrl+f or command+f to search the page.
- forge an education, advocacy, and support umbrella organization supporting trans-men and their allies.
- ftm alliance a resource for trans-men in southern california.
- ftm australia a resource for australian trans-men.
- ftm international a resource for trans-men and allies
- ftm mentors a private social network which provides a way for trans-men who are just starting out to connect with the veterans of the community.
- ftm pride ring a small directory of ftm sites
- ftm uk a forum for trans-guys in and outside of the uk.
- gender education and advocacy ”(GEA) is a national organization focused on the needs, issues and concerns of gender variant people in human society. We seek to educate and advocate, not only for ourselves and others like us, but for all human beings who suffer from gender-based oppression in all of its many forms. We also are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization incorporated in Georgia.”
- gender identity research and education society a organization in the uk which provides “information for trans people, their families and the professionals who care for them.”
- hudson’s ftm resource guide the ftm bible. if you haven’t read this, you just may indeed live under a rock.
- queer transmen a resource for the non-hetero trans-men.
- the ftm network an informal and ad hoc self-help group open to trans-men and all other trans* identified persons.
- the gender trust a registered charity in the uk which aims to help trans* people live as their true genders
- the trans consumer trans* product reviews.
- the transitional male one of the most popular web resources for trans-men filled with tons of information and references to other sites and resources.
- tm4m resources for trans-men who play with men
- tq nation short for transqueer nation this is the myspace for trans* persons.
- trannywood pictures sexy time with trans-men (18+ nsfw)
- transguys an online magazine by and for trans-men.
blogs (not on tumblr)
- the t word a blog made up of posts by a large variety of persons regarding subjects relating to trans-men.
- the queer word a collaborative blog about all things queer.
- fuck yeah ftms a tumblelog dedicated to all things female-to-male
- fuck yeah trannies celebrating everything trans*
- genderqueer: beyond pink and blue this tumblelog celebrates all things genderqueer, genderbending, androgynous, and gender non-conforming.
- the gender centre a center in nsw australia for those who do not identify cisgender providing resources, support groups, etc.
- trans* persons of tumblr a list of trans* folk who use tumblr as a blogging platform
- transpride a tumblelog dedicated to the trans* community.
offline (this is not to say these sources do not have websites. it means that their focus is in person and not on the internet, like support groups for example.
- campOUT — “an annual event whose focus is the trans male/masculine communities, and our allies…an all-inclusive experience, CampOUT attendees enjoy camping at a gay campground in West Virginia.”
- gender odyssey conference annual conference in seattle washington
- oc ftm a monthly support group for trans-men in orange county, ca. i personally know the man that founded this group, and he is one of the kindest and informed persons i know. stop by if you’re in the area.
- surgeons list
- legalize trans* t-shirts to show your support for the trans* community.
- nick the gear guy: transition wear known mainly for packer harnesses but you will also find packers here.
- original plumbing print magazine by and for trans-men.
i haven’t gotten to the youtube channels yet. please reply or email me if you’d like me to add anything.